Recruitment is currently closed for this study.
For further information please contact the study team
Researchers at La Trobe University are seeking volunteer research participants to be involved in a study about mental health and wellbeing, and suicide prevention, concerning people on the autism spectrum, or who identify as being autistic. The study is funded through the National Suicide Prevention Research Fund, administered by Suicide Prevention Australia.
You can read our 2020 Annual Progress report here
Would the research study be a good fit for me?
The study might be a good fit for you if:
- You are aged 18 years or older
- You identify as autistic or you have been diagnosed on the autism spectrum
- You can read and speak in English
- You have not been diagnosed with an intellectual disability
- You have (or think you have) been a participant in the Cooperative Research Centre for Living with Autism (Autism CRC) Study of Australian School Leavers with Autism (SASLA) or Australian Longitudinal Study of Adults with Autism (ALSAA) – if you are not sure if you have been in these studies or not, please contact us and we can check for you
If you would like a researcher to contact you about the study, please follow the link to register your contact information: https://tinyurl.com/eoilatrobe
What would happen if I took part in the research study?
If you decide to take part in the research study, you would:
- Complete a short online survey
- Complete two interviews, lasting about 30-60 minutes each
- You may also be invited to participate in a third interview where we will ask you about your opinions and perspectives on mental health services in Australia.
- You do not have to participate in the second interview if you prefer not to (if you are invited, you can just tell the researcher that you do not want to do this part of the study).
Will I be paid to take part in the research study?
You will be reimbursed $75 for your time to complete the online survey and first two interviews.
If you are invited to participate in the third interview, you will be reimbursed a further $45.
Who do I contact if I want more information or want to take part in the study?
If you would like more information or are interested in being part of the study, please contact: