The aim of the project is to investigate your ability to perceive your own bodily signals (interoception) and whether it can be improved after one week of power posing training. Good interoceptive ability has been linked to emotional regulation, good mental health and positive social relationships with others. Recent research has shown that impairments in interoceptive ability can be improved through interventions designed to increase body awareness.
Who can Participate
- Between the ages of 18-70 years
- With or without a diagnosis of Autism
- Living in Victoria
- Fluent in English
- Have no significant experience in power posing (e.g. have not done a study like this before)
- Can travel to La Trobe University, Bundoora on 3 separate occasions
What is Involved
- Complete three on-line surveys (20 minutes each time) at home over three weeks.
- Complete three behavioural assessments at La Trobe University, Bundoora
- Learn three different power poses and practise for one week at home
As a thank you for your time, you will receive a $50 Coles Myer Voucher.
If you are interested in participating in this study, or have any question please contact:
Dr Tania Pietrzak
Human Ethics Committee #18196