Learn more about OTARC’s research!
Below is a collection of plain language online presentations which summarise OTARC research sorted by our four research program areas.
- Current approaches and barriers to consistent, timely and best practice Autism diagnosis
- Knowledge and diagnosis of Autism in Nepal
- Misdiagnosis and under representation of females in Autism data, and gender bias in Autism assessment and support services
- How can we diagnose Autistic girls earlier?
Supports and practices
for daily living
- “Maybe no one knows we need help”
- Study of Australian School Leavers with Autism research directions survey results
- Workplace social challenges experienced by employees on the Autism spectrum
- The demand for and adequacy of Commonwealth, state and local government transition-to-study services
Health and wellbeing
- Is the source of Autism knowledge related to differences in autism knowledge, autism identity, and experiences of stigma?
- “It Defines Who I Am” or “It’s Something I Have”: What Language Do [Autistic] Australian Adults [on the Autism Spectrum] Prefer?
- Supporting mental health: What young Australian Autistic adults tell us.
- What is Autistic burnout? Features, impact and prevention strategies
- Recommendations from the 2021 ASfAR “Mental Wellbeing and Suicide Prevention in Autism” Conference and Roundtable
- How do resilience and coping strategies influence the mental health and well-being of Autistic adults?
- Anxiety, depression and Autistic adults
- What are the links between COVID-19, wellbeing, depression, and suicide risk factors in Australian Autistic adults?
- The demand for and adequacy of Commonwealth, state and local government mental health services